On September 10, 1920, an actress by the name of Olive Thomas stumbled out of the bathroom of a Parisian hotel. She was horrified by what she'd done. Olive accidentally ingested an entire bottle of mercury bichloride pills. The dose was prescribed to her philandering husband Jack Pickford for his syphilis, and it was lethal. The couple were celebrating a second honeymoon in Paris when she died.
It seems that Thomas's ghost crossed the Atlantic so that she could haunt the New Amsterdam, where she once acted. Workers and security guards have claimed to see Thomas walking backstage and throughout the halls of the theater, clutching a blue bottle of pills. Thomas often appears to men and her spirit reacts calmly as long as she's approached genially.